Approval for entry must be obtained prior to traveling, through an online portal
Effective July 15, 2021, travellers who have been fully vaccinated with the final dose administered at least 14 days before travel will no longer need to do any quarantine but will be required to do a covid test on arrival.
However, this would not apply to persons travelling from or through Brazil or India. Cabinet has decided to amend the list of restricted countries under the Immigration and Passport (Prohibition of Entry) Order, 2021 to apply only to Brazil and India. Persons travelling from those countries, who are granted permission to enter the Virgin Islands, will be required to quarantine for a period of fourteen (14) days on arrival.
Fully vaccinated travellers from all other countries will require:
• BVI Gateway Traveller Authorisation Certificate - this process should be started no less than 48 hours prior to arrival and completed at least 24 hours prior to travel. Applications with a Pending status will be denied entry.
• Proof of a negative RT-PCR COVID-19 or approved rapid antigen test taken 3-5 days before arrival;
• Proof of vaccination status;
• A Covid test on arrival
Where fully vaccinated persons are travelling with one or more unvaccinated child:
• Children aged 5-17 will be tested on arrival;
• Children will be released from quarantine together with their parents/guardians once the test results for the entire group are negative, but must remain within their family bubble; and
• Unvaccinated children will be subject to a further test on day four.
Where people are traveling in mixed groups with some individuals unvaccinated, the entire party will be treated as unvaccinated and will also be required to quarantine for seven (7) days upon arrival.
In the case of persons who are only partially vaccinated, meaning that they have received one dose of a two-dose vaccine, or whose final vaccine dose was administered less than two weeks before arriving in the Territory, a 4-day quarantine period would be required, with PCR testing administered on arrival and on day 4.
The health, safety and well-being of our guests, staff and the community is our top priority. As our borders are now open we would like to advise all of our guests of the efforts we are taking to make Nanny Cay cleaner and safer.
We understand that the government allows some flexibility with regards to movements around resorts during the four day quarantine period for unvaccinated travellers. However, Nanny Cay Resort and Marina is a unique property which includes 47 residential homes, over 50 businesses, the marina and hotel, as well as daily guests from our wider community. Due to these exceptional circumstances we have implemented our own restrictions for guests wanting to spend the mandatory 4-day quarantine at our resort. Hopefully this will help you make the right decisions regarding your travel arrangements and arrival options into the BVI at this time.
- A security deposit of $500 is required for all quarantining reservations prior to arrival, non-compliance of the Nanny Cay quarantine rules will result in a forfeiture of this deposit.
- All reservations must be paid prior to arrival by Visa or Mastercard.
- Guests will be required to sign an agreement acknowledging our quarantine requirements.
- During the four-day quarantine period guests WILL NOT be allowed to move around the resort, marina or boatyard. All quarantined guests will be required to stay on their own boat in the marina, hotel room and balcony or villa for the entire 4 days requested by the government until the “all clear” is given after the second test.
- ANY boats in the marina with guests in quarantine must fly the Q Flag
- Quarantine WILL NOT be permitted on boats in the boatyard.
- Take out food and deliveries will be allowed to your vessel on the quarantine dock, room or villa for the duration.
- Room attendants will be on hand to deliver meals from the Nanny Cay restaurants and fresh towels or linens to your room, but will not be entering occupied rooms during the quarantine period. Please place dirty towels and linens in the provided laundry bags and leave outside your door. Please also leave trash in the provided bags, outside your door when full or needing to be removed.
- Room attendants will provide daily service after the initial quarantine period.
SAFE DISTANCE & SANITIZING
Recognizing the new standards of proper social distancing, cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting practices, we’ve implemented protocols to ensure the highest measures of safety across all areas of the resort. Our hotel and restaurant has enacted 6-foot social distancing requirements in public areas and provided hand sanitizing stations throughout the property. High touch areas will be frequently cleaned and disinfected and plexiglass shields have been installed for high traffic areas such as front desks. Guest rooms will be thoroughly sanitized and disinfected after each guest departure. All team members and guests are required to wear masks.
Please note the new policies we have enacted to keep us all safe
- Each guest room will be cleaned and disinfected.
- Pool chlorine will be maintained and controlled throughout the day
- Pool towels washed and sanitized prior to being available upon request
- Guests and employees are instructed to practice physical distancing by standing six feet away from other groups who are not traveling with them.
- All guest areas will be subject to regular disinfecting and cleaning.
- All staff and guests are required to wear masks except when eating and drinking in the restaurants and bars, or using the pool.
REGISTERING FOR ARRIVAL AND BOOKING AT NANNY CAY
If you intend to start making plans to arrive, please start with the online portal above and then when you get to the section regarding property or premises to quarantine you should put your boat and location of Nanny Cay Marina or hotel/villa and location of Nanny Cay Hotel. You would then arrive through the ferry or airport and be transferred directly to your boat, room or villa.
Whether you are planning to travel now or in the future, our team members are ready to welcome you with excellent service and attention to detail guests have come to expect here at Nanny Cay.