It’s an all-comer, any-day event, Nanny Cay to Nanny Cay.
Start and finish off Nanny Cay – transit line from PegLegs Upper Deck to the western tip of Peter Island. Competitors must attempt the record anti-clockwise and round Beef, Scrub Island, Great Camanoe and Guana Island to port.
Entry fee of $250 donation to BVI charity of choice includes two night’s dockage (before and after attempt) at Nanny Cay.
Charities to benefit so far:
- RBVIYC Youth Sailing Programme $250, VISAR $250 (March 2013)
– KATS, $250, INTAC (November 2012)
– BVI Humane Society, $250, Triple Jack (October 2012)
$250, Soma (April 2010)
- Perpetual Trophy (on display at Peg Legs)
- Name on Trophy (plaque)
- Crew dinner at PegLegs if record broken for up to 15 crewmembers; does not include alcoholic drinks with the exception of the of champagne.)
- Large bottle of champagne
- Bragging rights!
Jurakan, Melges 32, Dave West, November 2009 ( Record broken November 2012) 4:15:05
Soma, Formula 40, Nils Erickson, April 2010 (Record broken October 2012) 2:50:15
Triple Jack, Kelsal 47, Richard Wooldridge, November 2009. (Record broken April 2010) 3:33:00