The Cabinet of the Virgin Islands has approved the “COVID-19: Small Vessel Entry Protocol and the COVID-19: Water Taxi Protocols”. This new protocol allows private vessels (under 78 feet in length) and crew to enter the British Virgin Islands.
The protocols are as follow:
1) All adults aboard must be fully vaccinated.
2) All adults onboard must obtain an rt-PCR test or rapid antigen test 3-5 days prior to intended travel date.
3) Each crew member must register on the Gateway Travel Application Portal https://bvigateway.bviaa.com/. The process includes uploading proof of vaccination, negative test results, and paying Gateway Fee.
The following documents and details listed below should then be submitted to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org 72 hours ahead of desired entry date:
1) Vaccination cards for each person.
2) Crew List.
3) Intended arrival date and desired port of entry – Road Town or West End only.
4) Maritime Health Declaration (download)
5) Boat Registration
6) Portal Approval PDF from the BVIAA gateway application for each person on board.
After entry has been approved by Customs, proceed to requested port of entry and have copies of, and be prepared to present again:
a) Standard BVI Customs and Immigration entrance papers (Can be obtained on arrival)
b) Vaccination cards of each person.
c) COVID Test results taken within 5 days of arrival
d) Boat registration
e) Maritime Declaration of Health (download)
f) Portal approval PDF copies.
g) If your vessel is being stored in a boatyard for hurricane season, a letter or contract from the provider will be helpful.
A COVID RAPID test will be done on arrival for every person over 5 years of age.
Once you are cleared at the port of entry, you may then proceed to your destination. Please be respectful and abide by all local COVID suppression measures within the BVI taking into account a current curfew of movement from 7.00pm to 5.00am… For more information regarding these protocols – https://www.bvitourism.com/reopening.
Contact marina manager Justin Smit for further information:
email@example.com | + 1 (284) 340 1232